It’s summer, the perfect time of year to take advantage of California’s beautiful weather! What better way to do so than to get in your car and drive around the Golden State? There are so many amazing cities and towns to visit, and so much to see and do. Here are five of the best summer roadtrips to take in California:
1. Pacific Coast Highway
- — The Pacific Coast Highway starts in Orange County in the south and travels all the way north to meet up with Highway 101 in Mendocino County. It runs alongside the California coastline, and offers some of the most breathtaking views of California’s rugged seaside. You can stop and visit all the towns and cities along the highway, or simply enjoy the long-haul drive and the gorgeous scenery.
2. Palm Springs
- — If you’re looking for a place to enjoy a bit of luxury, there’s nowhere better than Palm Springs! Located just 100 miles from Los Angeles, this resort city is a paradise in the heart of a desert, with water parks, luxury hotels, fine dining, extreme sports, world-class golf courses, and so much more. Best of all, you can still have a blast even if you’re traveling to Palm Springs on a budget.
3. San Luis Obispo
- — This little town combines everything that makes California great into one amazing place. You get the stunning ocean views, rocky mountain trails, picturesque forests, and a quaint town with amazing food, wine, and beer. It’s less than 200 miles from Los Angeles, and a road trip definitely worth taking.
4. Santa Cruz
- — A 350-mile drive may not seem like a lot of fun, but wait until you see all that Santa Cruz has to offer you! It’s the perfect place for you to dip your toes into the ocean, far away from the crowds of Santa Monica and Malibu. Surfers come from all around the country to catch some waves in Santa Cruz, and you’ll find that you can spend your entire vacation swimming, body surfing, skim boarding, knee boarding, and enjoying the beautiful Pacific Ocean and its perfect waves. There’s also plenty of fun to do in town, with that high quality Northern California food and drink you know and love.
- — This charming little town feels like something straight out of the Wild West, with all the beer, brats, and BBQ you could hope for. Food-lovers (especially carnivores) will enjoy every minute spend in this old-timey town, and nature lovers will definitely want to check out the petrified redwood forests.
If you’re thinking of doing something out of the ordinary this summer, these are the roadtrips you’ll want to take!